Updated 27th April 2014 (more to follow)
Reinstate Assisted Dartford Crossing Escort Patrols (Radcep)
The Highways Agency should Reinstate the Assisted Dartford Crossing Escort Patrols, immediately for both the QEII Bridge & both tunnels (in effect for over 40 years, informed without incident).
The service withdrawn by them from midnight 31st July 2009 (Decision made 2nd July 2009) - advising people only a short time before ceasing as were worried about objections without, it appears, any justification, besides not appearing to understand why the Assistance was there in the first place.
The Highways Agency has stated that staffing & workloads were not affected and NO COSTS involved in providing the service.
If anyone wishes/can assist please kindly either: -
1) write to the Contact address or
2) e/mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (No attachments please unless agreed)
PLEASE NOTE: these FACTS
(Decision made without anything in writing!)
1. The HIGHWAYS AGENCY originally gave TOTALLY FALSE (LIES) reasons for withdrawing the assisted escort crossing.
Once challenged they then made up various other reasons and lied!
2. They state all information before 30TH JUNE 2009, MISSING:
Lost, mislaid, destroyed; ALL Letters, e/mails and every piece of documentation in coming to the decision plus never made notes at meetings!
No records in existence, not even in backups
No written facts, to back up their statements,
No notes ever taken at meetings, as all meetings informal!
In FACT certain important notes they did make was after they had written to the Labour Minister at the time in August 2009!!!
3. Appears from correspondence they did not follow Normal Procedures which States “I therefore find any suggestion of ceasing this service provided to customers ‘with immediate effect’ somewhat surprising to say the very least given the HA usual stance of consulting customers and stakeholders on any changes propose”.
4. Highways Agency has written they acknowledge problems for Drivers, especially regarding the QEII Bridge.
5. Also continue to issue false or totally misleading information as to why this service was withdrawne.g. state based on advice from DVLA & Police – TOTALLY FALSE.
Deny the decision to withdraw this service was made or on instructions of the LABOUR party who were considering selling the Dartford River Crossing!
Bewildering is an understatement! — Freedom of Information Act
The Highways Agency have supplied quite a bit of information under the Freedom of Information Act, but have either:
Made up comments or given just their opinion without any facts to back it up or lied, as it appears they have done to the Minister, the Public, MPs and the Media.
When you write to them via ones MP, or the Minister, I have been informed that the Highways Agency write the reply for the Minister to sign so of no real help.
For many the service just being there gave them confidence to use this part of the National Road Network.
SEE under heading MOTORISTS the problems The loss of this invaluable service has caused.
IF the HIGHWAYS AGENCY TAKEs any ISSUE WITH the ABOVE STATEMENTs please WRITE TO the CONTACT ADDRESS with full facts and supporting documentation IMMEDIATELY (In writing & paper copies)
The previous providers, actually stated, ‘Given the long standing nature of this valued service to our customers, without incident, we were concerned to this being appropriately addressed’.
The HIghways Agency were also upset and asked the previous providers to stop their workers contacting them about their inappropriate decision. All information about these, whether by letter, e/mail or telephone must have again been lost, destroyed or not recorded as no information supplied!!!
Facebook and Twitter to be UPDATED
Campaign is led by Jeffrey Goodwin, Basildon Essex & Albert Smith, Gillingham Kent.